Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Holiday Mix


The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas have always held a special place in my heart.  I’m not really sure why – it’s certainly stressful, with end of semester tests, holiday shopping, overindulging and family obligations. I’ve always tried to look at the brighter side of things, and while the stressors I mentioned get to me too, I remember to pause a moment and really experience all of the things I love.  The smell of a wood fire, the glow of Christmas lights, chocolate chip cookies, even the fact that Starbucks has special holiday to-go cups  - it all makes me smile. 

The Promise of Amazing, which takes place during these weeks,  is very much a love letter to a certain time in my life – when the only things I had to stress about were how cold it was going to be at the Thanksgiving football game and if I would have a special someone to kiss under the mistletoe.   It may seem shallow, trivial even, but the underlying thrum of all of that, was the desire to be fully present in the moment.   The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas seem to heighten that feeling for me, everything takes on more significance with the holidays as a backdrop:  food tastes better, songs have deeper meaning, you miss people more, you love people more.

In honor of my favorite time of the year, I put together The Promise of Amazing Holiday Mix playlist.  The songs included represent both Wren and Grayson and what might have been playing during that final Christmas party at The Camelot. (and okay, some are just my favorites)  So dear reader, may you and your family have an AMAZING holiday season, with all the things that make it special for you! Hope you enjoy!! 

 xoxoxo  Robin




No comments:

Post a Comment